Monday 16 October 2017

springbok tour 1981 supporter rugby side


Imagine if you came to a rugby game just wanting to watch a game of rugby when these protesters came to the game and slowed it down by chucking flour bombs onto the field. Mainly the apartheid law in south Africa so black people didn’t have the same rights as white people springboks didn’t want Maori players in the test games. That's why the protesters were protesting against the test matches. After the protesters couldn’t get their way passively they resulted in violence to get into the stadium.This is what south African journalist said about the test “BAD ENOUGH HAVING TO PLAY OFFICIALLY DESIGNATED NEW ZEALAND NATIVES, BUT SPECTACLE THOUSANDS EUROPEANS FRANTICALLY CHEERING ON BAND OF COLOURED MEN TO DEFEAT MEMBERS OF OWN RACE WAS TOO MUCH FOR SPRINGBOKS WHO FRANKLY DISGUSTED.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sonny
    Good job sonny I like how you put yourself in the supporters shoes
    Thanks Mac
    here is a link to my blog
    http://macg7.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,
Sonny